• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Deleted; can I recover accounts?

Kimberly

New Pleskian
Plesk noob here. Ubuntu server. I was installing some packages needed for a chat server and as a result, my Plesk install was deleted. I reinstalled Plesk but all accounts are now gone. Can I recover these accounts? The vhosts were not touch and the websites still load; DNS is external. No issues with the mySQL server. I have already backed up all site files and databases. I am hoping that the Plesk Account files/configs are stored outside of Plesk.

You can try to recover previous version of Plesk database psa if you have it in /var/lob/psa/dumps/ directory.
After that try to run

# plesk repair installation

I am seeing a lot of mysql.daily.dump and some others with preupgrade and plesk core and a directory labelled clients

I will try to run the repair installation and see what happens.

The results I got was:

plesk repair installation
PHP Notice: Undefined index: installation in /usr/sbin/plesk on line 57

What about

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

?

No luck an still that undefined index. Is there a manual way I can get the accounts back? I am seeing the clients listed and their domains. Otherwise, I am almost incline to just move away from Plesk entirely. Another script took out Plesk but I should be able to reinstall and then restore what ever Plesk uses for this.

That is not going to work so I guess I am out of luck. My license is through my hosting company and this is an unmanaged server.
I guess I can look a the code and see why the undefined index.

I am a bit surprised that there is not at least one person on the forum that can not assist me. This can not be the first time such an incident has happened. I am thinking of wiping the server; no, not with a cloth, and leaving Plesk off of it and go with Webmin.

Didn't work. OK, tried to manually add the account back. When I go to add the user it says that the user already exists but there are no subscriptions and no customers showing up in the admin view. Tried looking for the user in the psa database but I only see admin. Is this a hopeless mess?

It is database inconsistency. Deep investigation directly on your server is required. Looks like your Plesk is seriously damaged. Therefore I suggest you contact Support Team.

It would be cheaper to just reimage the server. Yes, there will be downtime but not hefty consultation fees.

Saying bye bye to Plesk. It is too resource hungry anyway. I had to shut it down to do a sftp because it was hogging bandwidth. Just not enough support and my license was through the hosting so no support except paying. I usually have great results from forums but this has been disappointing. Only one person answered so I guess no one could help. No need now as I am reimaging the server and not putting Plesk back on it.

Back