• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Digital Ocean Droplet - Increasing storage?

cfusionmm

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.51 Web Pro Edition
I have a plesk Obsidian digital ocean droplet at 50GB storage. Plesk is notifying me that im getting low on space. Anyone ever need to add space to one of these? Do i need to resize the complete droplet or can I simply add a storage volume to the droplet and plesk will see the new space?

TIA!

I mean, you could add an additional volume from which case you have 1 of 2 options: move the vhosts to the new volume or expend the current root partition (or whatever partition is setup) to the additional volume. I would not recommend the second option though as there's a lot of risks involved in that. I would instead, if you go the route of adding and additional volume, is to just move the vhosts to the additional volume. You can refer to Moving the Virtual Hosts Directory for host to move the vhosts.

But otherwise, your best option if you want to keep everything is to resize the droplet (unless, of course, digital ocean gives you the ability to simply resize the drive itself but last time I checked with digital ocean, that isn't an option since it's not like aws or azure where everything is completely separate resource and such gets charge accordingly).

I mean, you could add an additional volume from which case you have 1 of 2 options: move the vhosts to the new volume or expend the current root partition (or whatever partition is setup) to the additional volume. I would not recommend the second option though as there's a lot of risks involved in that. I would instead, if you go the route of adding and additional volume, is to just move the vhosts to the additional volume. You can refer to Moving the Virtual Hosts Directory for host to move the vhosts.

But otherwise, your best option if you want to keep everything is to resize the droplet (unless, of course, digital ocean gives you the ability to simply resize the drive itself but last time I checked with digital ocean, that isn't an option since it's not like aws or azure where everything is completely separate resource and such gets charge accordingly).
I was looking at that article on moving the Virtual Host Directory but appears to be geared towards a Windows installation, couldnt seem to find one for linux? You happen to know where the documentation for doing this in linux is?

Thanks for your help with this

Back