• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk DNS Settings not applied globally

boowmanteck

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have just got a VPS and installed Plesk on it and I seem to have a couple of issues, I am unsure if its a Plesk problem or provider problem.
Adding a domain works fine no extra work is required from me as Plesk has a popup to update the DNS/Namespaces (can't remember).

When I want to add an SSL certificate `Let's Encrypt` is asking me to verify that the DNS record is in there otherwise it's not going to work. In the selected domain panel when I go to DNS Settings the new record is added but when I do a lookup on Mailtoolbox the DNS record can't be found. I have to go into the provider's domain panel and add the record in there manually for it to work.

Similar issue when I want to add a new subdomain, the DNS of the parent domain seems to update itself but when I visit the subdomain it says`ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT`. Again I managed to do it last time by creating the subdomain in the provider's panel where I have all the domains and managed to get it working after a numerous amount of fails.

VPS Host: Ionos (1and1)
Subscription: Plesk Obsidion Web Host
Version: 18.0.30

If you guys require any more information do let me know.

Thank you

Hi boowmanteck,

It depends on what IP-addresses of the nameserver (NS-record) have been configured on the registrar side. If they point to the provider's nameservers, all changes should be done in the provider's control panel. If they point to Plesk IP-address, everything will work in Plesk without any additional steps.

There is a KB that describes it in a little bit more details:
- How to set up a Nameserver
- How to use DNS with a Plesk server

Hi,

By my question you can obviously guess that I am new to this, thank you for the reply and links.
What I was going to add is that the domains themselves are registered on Ionos and so is the VPS, based on that I can only assume that they are also hosted on there. My question is, if I make them point to the Plesk IP-address (This must be the VPS itself), that would mean that any calls would be performed on the VPS from now on and use resources from it.

Back