• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk DOES NOT COMPRESS the logfiles!

JTRipper

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 8.3.0.1 Update 080228.13 statistics problem

After succesful upgrade from 8.3.0 to Plesk 8.3.0.1 Update 080228.13, the server does not zip my W3SVC logfiles.I've over 700 domains on this setup (some of them very busy with daily logfile of over 100MB). All the configured domais have enabled option to compress the logfiles (it's been there from 2 years).

Now, in the next 2 days I'll be out of the disk space on the server..

BTW.
After the upgrade the statistics task is completing it's job few hours earlier than usual.
I can see that from the time of arrival "Notification of problem domains" mails.
What should I check?

Update: When the domain was created in the last few month (previous versions of Plesk 8.1, 8.2), all is working well - the logfiles are zipped and webstats are up to date.
If the domain was created for over 6 months ago - the statistics process does NOT update webstat, traffic and DOES NOT ZIP the logfiles. ( I mean domains created with 7.6.1 version)

when I launch statistics.exe /?

I found the option

--update-actions
Rotates action log and launches event actions.

Is that the option which rotates the logfiles?

Anyone?

Update: when I launch the stats manually:

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>statistics.exe --process-domains=domain.tld --verbose
Save FTP logs 2: 'C:\Inetpub\FTPlogs\' HTTP logs 2: '' mail logs 2: ''
I get this error:
Unable to execute event C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\actionlog\actio
nlog.php --domain-limit-size-reached --domain-id 771
:

and the process stops with this error.

any clue?

Back