• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Plesk domain alias

dblii

New Pleskian
Hi i have in one plesk pannel 3 domains. 1 main domain with 35GB files size and 2 domain alias. The domain aliad count each the same size. is this normal? In fact the floders size is 35GB but this count 105GB

The alias is just another name for exactly the same site. It displays the same values, because it is a synonym for the site. The space is not occupied twice or three times.

here it is the 35GB count 3x in the size of my VPS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 8.06.14 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 8.06.14 PM.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 3
To find out what really counts against the disk quota you can do this:

- Sign in to the Linux shell.
- Run this command:
# du -hs * | sort -h > diskusage.txt

This will output a list of all files and directories sorted by their size into the file diskusasge.txt. You can view that file with any editor. It will likely reveal where all the disk space really goes.

Did you check your disk structure with the du command as mentioned above? An alias does not consume extra space, neither does it report any consumption to the virtualization layer under which your server is running. Better spend time on finding the real reason what is consuming much disk space on the system.

i am not familiar with terminal and ssh, byt where this will help me? the real size is about 50GB my backup archive is 50GB. but the plesk count 50 +35 +35

Hey, not a problem. If you don't want to check the true disk space usage, I am fine with that.

i am confused, thanks for your help but my problem is that the plesk count this size in my total space. that is my problem

The problem is rather that you are making false assumptions. I can only recommend to check what your operating system is reporting. You can for example run
# df
on the shell and see what the operating systems says how much disk space you are using. And you can use the du command as shown above to find out where exactly on your disk all that space is consumed.

Or you can stay in the loop and insist that you are not really using the disk space and all of this is just a display error.

Back