• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PLesk email is not working from Google accounts

alanski

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Alamlinux 8.1
Plesk version and microupdate number
New server transfered account from Cpanel, chnaged DKIM and dns records. All seems fine but cant access IMAP consistently or end from Google accounts.
Coming from cPanel this is truly shocking. It seems seriously behind in practical function, stability and UX - considering giving up with it to be honest. I've chnaged postfix smtpd.conf for postfix to remove DIGEST issue but still finding "SASL authentication failure: no secret in database".
Any solutions to this? Cant really migrate with this issue as I am just creating pain for myself and clients.

You say that you cannot access IMAP consistently. This means that sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work. This seems to be a DNS propagation issue. Are you addressing the new server with its hostname and is that hostname new to the Internet?

Regarding the other issue mentioned - In a default Postfix installation the SAS authentication failure with "no secret in database" is unknown. Normally this is a result of a wrong tweak in the Postfix configuration file or a password is stored in a hash-encrypted form (which could be solved by resetting it through Plesk > Domains > example.com > Mail > [email protected] .

Thanks Peter. DNS is fine. Interestingly outward to gmail is failing DKIM checks after i reset them yesterday. So maybe DNS is not fine.
I'll dig thru logs and post back here.

Question on this issue - doesnt plesk automatically create DKIM records - cPanel does.
I think i have finally got to the bottom of it. I recreated all the DNS records and added DKIM but then google still refused to send and receive. Swapped from Qmail to Postfix and noticed ip6 issue in logs.
I dont have an IP6 setup so used this: article to change the postconf (postfix conf protocols) from all to just ip4.
Sounds a bit retro grade but it worked - first email went to gmail spam.

Currently it doesnt look like receiving from google gmail is working but waiting for tests to complete.

Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. You've been on a different panel before, and surely it takes a while to adapt to a new structure. For a migration like this it could be advantageous to first work with a default setup, because changing service parameters can quickly destroy a working setup. Also looking into the documentation on Documentation and Help Portal for Plesk Obsidian can help a lot.

Back