• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk email passwords

galaxy

Regular Pleskian
I should have started a new thread to begin with...

I need to be able to access email passwords in plain text (not encrypted). I'm running with updates so as to not force encryption, which I'm told is a one-way deal. I'm going to have to go to new hardware soon, as I'm finding the hardware starting to fail.

I understand the "mail_auth_view" utility shows the passwords, and was wondering if it will decrypt them for you?

If not, how can I keep the behavior of non-encrypted email passwords so that the customer administrators still have access to them for their users? I know a new install forces encryption, which is why I can't do that. How can I preserve the non-encrypted passwords and move to new hardware? This seems to be a deal breaker for my customers.

Thanks.

Actually you can use standard Plesk migration methods and nothing will be broken. Or you can use dump/undump whole filesystem from old hardware to new as absolutely reliable way.

I will need to update Operating System, which is part of problem. I'm still on CentOS 5, so need to move to 6 or 7, so don't know if either of those will work. I was told I need to do a "fresh install" on the new OS, then migrate data over. Will that work and preserve plain-text passwords?

Back