• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk email security is puting all incoming email at SPAM folders

linuxman1

Basic Pleskian
Since I installed this extension I got many complains from clients they don't receive emails! when I checked I found all emails are on Junk and SPAM folders for clients, server OS is Centos 8, and I think this is a bug, just look at headers of emails and I wish anybody explain to me how a message with score 0 flagged as SPAM, examples,
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Score: 0.054
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=0.054 tagged_above=0 required=0
tests=[DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1,
DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT=0.25,
FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H3=0.001,
RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL=0.001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001]
autolearn=unavailable autolearn_force=no
Another example,
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Score: 0.065
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=0.065 tagged_above=0 required=0
tests=[DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1,
DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT=0.25,
FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H3=0.001,
RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL=0.001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001,
T_FREEMAIL_DOC_PDF=0.01, URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001]
I had to remove this extention now since clients can't receive emails to Inbox since we installed it for them.
A simple test email from Gmail, a simple Outlook test email from the same user to himself, all go to SPAM folders with flag as SPAM messages!

There is nobody monitor these forums and help people using Plesk?
I had to remove the extenstion and problems gone a way!

Did you check what threshold you set for the spam score? According to this part of your email header
required=0
the threshold currently seems to be at 0, which will cause any email with a score score > 0 to be marked as spam. The scores in your examples are very close to 0, but still > 0, due to some insignificant tests that fail. Now, a threshold of 0 is a very strict requirement, and I am not surprised almost all emails will be marked as spam this way. Usual values for the threshold are on the order of 5 (or maybe in the range 3 - 7).

I left it on its default which is 5 as I can rememeber, the issue happened even if the required score is 5 or what ever the number is!
Anyway on another post at Plesk sites many people had the same isue and Plesk team replied and said they will fix the extention as it was buggy at that time, anyway I didn't want to install it again as I am not sure if it's fixed or not, left only the normal SPAM filter SPAMAssassin working as usual to avoid panics, it was a major issue for me.

If you say your settings were correct, there must have been a problem actually using the correct "required" value from the settings, since, internally, the headers you posted make sense (the emails were correctly categorized as spam for a threshold of 0, but of course required=0 itself is nonsensical). Anyway, good you know the problem was/is being worked on.

Hi!

This issue does not occur in the latest version of the extension. I'd be happy if you could test it again!

Cheers
Viktor

Back