• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Email using Joomla

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
Anyone know of an add on to Joomla which would allow me to offer PSA email accounts?

Having the same name/password or using Jommla as the authentication would be perfect.

We're setting up a Joomla network. Joomla does not have it's own email services and we've got a perfectly running PSA server. It would be great to be able to use PSA as the mail service for our Joomla network.

Mike

hello.

let me know if i understand you need correctly...

you have domain.com and you wish that any joomla accounts created would create a [email protected] email account with psa ?

Originally posted by jspilon
hello.

let me know if i understand you need correctly...

you have domain.com and you wish that any joomla accounts created would create a [email protected] email account with psa ?

Yes, exactly that. I would like users on my Joomla sites (Not on the PSA server) to be able to get their PSA email FROM the Joomla sites. Already being logged into Joomla, I would like them to be able to get webmail access to email on PSA. It would be nice if they would not have to log int twice and that when they sign up to Joomla, that their email account be created on my separate PSA site.

If that's simply too complicated, then at least a small interface which would create an email account on PSA when they sign up to Joomla then a wrapper or something which would allow them to log into webmail as if they were still on Joomla.

Later, I would like to have options for webmail and pop/imap access based on their membership on Joomla.

Mike

well lets look first at the email creation... you could simply add the account by executing a command from the php script...

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-sdk-html/docs/cu/unix/ch14.html

then for the authentication, theres a lot of fun to make joomla use same auth as email ;) not the reverse... since its preferable to modify joomla and not psa

I agree that doing it outside of PSA is much easier but the problem is that the account is being created on other servers, Joomla servers. I'd have to have something in Joomla that sends a command to PSA to create/delete/suspend email accounts, etc.

I've seen countless things for Cpanel, not a whole lot for PSA. I hired a guy who advertises about his automated PSA email utility but ended up getting a crazy man on my hands hehe. So, I'm still in need of the same sort of tool.

Mike

you should read all plesk documentation...

here's the SDK.. take a look @ Plesk RPC API

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-sdk-html/index.html

In all the years I've been around servers and networks, I should have learned to program by now but, you just can't take it all on in life. So, even if I looked, it'll be nothing I can do :(.

That being said, RPC... um, remote proceedure call? Meaning, sending a command to another server. Think I'll go peek :).

Mike

yeah you should take a look ... ;) and it should be easy to integrate with joomla... but yeah you need some coding done for sure.

you should read all plesk documentation...

here's the SDK.. take a look @ Plesk RPC API

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-sdk-html/index.html

In all the years I've been around servers and networks, I should have learned to program by now but, you just can't take it all on in life. So, even if I looked, it'll be nothing I can do :(.

That being said, RPC... um, remote proceedure call? Meaning, sending a command to another server. Think I'll go peek :).

Mike

Back