• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Plesk environment

Fizwizbiz

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have a game dedicated server.
I installed plesk on this with root. So plesk "take the power of server".
I would like host a rust server game on my dedicated. So, I use LGSM to install it. I created an user rustserver who host the game server. My issue is the ports 28015 refuses the connection. And rust need it to work. I suppose fail2ban is the matter.

My question is, could I create an user and into this user, install plesk ? Like that, I can create many users like an user for odoo, an user for server game etc... Is it possible to do that or not all ? Then the root will be "empty" as if I buy a new dedicated with just os installed.

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks !
Have a nice day !
Fizwizbiz

Please check the Plesk Firewall setting and open a new port rule there for your port. It should be sufficient to allow access to your software.

How do you know that port 28015 is blocked? It could also be that nothing is responding on it.

Nv zc serverip 28015 give connection refused.
Nv zc serverip 28016 give open
Nmap give all port open but 28015 and 28016 aren't into this list.

It looks more like an issue with the backend service, because if port 28016 open, this indicates that all non-essential ports are open, like 28017, 28018 ... It does not make sense that specifically 28015 is blocked.

Maybe your provider has a firewall in front of your server where you need to open 28015?

Back