• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk External SMTP Server - Notifications Fail

cecgjohn

New Pleskian
I'm having some trouble using the Plesk External SMTP Service. All Plesk notifications fail but running the mail command works just fine when directly connecting to the server via SSH. Here are the steps I've taken to debug the issue:

1. Looking in the Plesk Mail Log nothing is logged when a notification sends through plesk. But the log works just fine when using the mail command directly on the server (not through plesk).
2. I've checked the box on the setting page "Allow Plesk to send email notifications through this SMTP server " and even uninstalled and reinstalled the external smtp service then rechecked the box to make sure it wasn't somehow glitched. After doing that I tested the mail command again and it worked, but still no notifications.
3. I've pinged the external SMTP port (587) from the server using telnet and it's not blocked. But just in case I double checked all outgoing ports are open
4. Lastly I checked /var/log/plesk/panel.log and noticed there is an error every-time I attempt to run a scheduled task but the plesk dashboard indicates the scheduled task ran successfully. I'm thinking the scheduled task is running fine but it's failing to send the email, but if that was the case I would think there would be an error in the mail log, right?

Here is the log output:
Code:
[2022-04-12 21:01:29.972] 16475:6255e8a71d48d ERR [panel] Task failed: id=601, pid=16475, type=scheduler-run-task, error=Scheduled task failed
[2022-04-12 21:01:29.979] 16475:6255e8a71d48d ERR [panel] Long task executor: id=601 completed with error: Scheduled task failed:
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Task/Async/Executor.php:46
        Task_Async_Executor->execute()
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/task-async-executor.php:6

Update: I moved my command to a bash script so now I'm running "sudo bash sshd_check.sh" rather than "cat /var/log/secure | grep Accepted" directly. That resolved the scheduled task error but notifications still don't work.....also I don't think it has anything to do with scheduled tasks because forgot password does not work either

Back