• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk File Server Problem

Z

zboyblue

I cannot for the life of me get the File Server module to work. I am not sure what to tell you so if there is any question you can ask to help me figure out what I have done please do.

I thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Craig

Firewall

Hi there!

Didn't really explain what problems you were having with getting File Server to work.. .

It dawned on me when trying repeatedly to connect without success that my hosting provider has a firewall which prevents connection and, it is very unl;ikely that they will open required ports - can't remember what they are but, not safe.. .

I found the documentation rather poor myself, especially for the novices like me!!

Hope that helps, otherwise please be more specific about probs.

Cheers,

./phil

Thanks for your reply! I too am a novice trying to figure out how to do all this stuff.

I host the linux/Plesk server on my own network so it is behind the firewall as well as my PC's so that is not a problem. I turned the Linux firewall off and the file sharing is open in the plesk firewall.

I guess what I just do not understand is how to even set it up correctly. I don't really understand how to do a "minimum" setup so I can just see it work. Once I get that far I can worry about making it more secure, setting shares, etc.

I have tried everything including going into Gnome and trying to set it up there through the Samab setup menu (which I think probably made things worse) but now I don't know how to "undo" that.

Any help is appreciated.

Craig

Back