• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Firewall fails to apply a new configuration on new install

DogDontHunt

New Pleskian
I just acquired a server with Plesk 11 firewall on CentOS 6, (1 week ago), and the firewall fails to update, fails to apply a new configuration right out of the box! It won't even apply 1 simple change from allow to deny. To re-test it, I have attempted to change the "Mail password change service", from allow to deny. But when I click "apply the new configuration", nothing happens, it acts like the page is going to change, but instead it stays eternally stuck on stupid. I would think that since this is Plesk 11 that this function would work as expected the first time you attempt alter the configuration. It seems to me that it's either a bug or perhaps a bad install. Its a Hetzner server and they wont even give support on the issue so much as a thought. And it appears that due to the license that Hetzer purchased with the software that it's not covered by Plesk. So, it seems nobody wants to assist in something that is in the early stages of the initial server setup even though the server is owned by Hetzner and the program by Plesk. Personally I think Plesk should go look into it, so they can discover the issue with their own software failing.

For anybody to be able to help, please post:

1) the exact Plesk version (with MU version) and type of server virtualization (if you use one);
2) rule set generated by Plesk firewall module (hit the "Preview" button just before you active new rules);
3) exact behavior of the module in your case after activating new rules together with any warning or error messages;
4) browser type and version, together with OS you run it on, that you use to access Panel;
5) after activating new rules, from root shell:
# iptables -L
# cat /proc/net/ip_tables_names
# cat /proc/net/ip_tables_matches
# cat /proc/net/ip6_tables_names
# cat /proc/net/ip6_tables_matches​

Back