• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk for a Development Server

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
Hello, we are looking at improving our processes, and one thing that has come up is the time it takes for us to launch a site in development.
Currently this is done on a Ubuntu box, manually added to Apache etc, not a major and not explicitly difficult but does take more time than I think we need to be spending on the work.
So, I was wondering whether I could use Plesk on the development server, to help make this faster and enable very easy inter PHP changes - we have projects on a few versions of PHP (yes still some old projects stuck in 5.6) but would be great to have the ease to test sites on PHP 8 before fiddling with the live applications.

So though I can set that up, my main concern is the development environment, are there any issues adding the Desktop components to Ubuntu and running that with Plesk on the same machine?

Hello,
I think that you can use a staging site for your purpose. Please read Plesk documentation about it: Working with a Staging Site

I suppose there shouldn't be any problems.
Hello, that won't help sorry - the current text editor in Plesk seems to have lost the ability to keep tabs open, and certainly wouldn't be ideal for writing code.
Essentially I was hoping to leverage the abilities of Plesk as well as run a full desktop with IDE.

Back