• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk for Emails only

Paris Paraskeva

New Pleskian
Hi there

Short version:
can i use plesk not for hosting websites but only serving emails? For several domains hosting their sites on another plesk server? Basically i want to split my hosting+email server to 1 server deticated for hosting and one server deticated for emails.

Long version:

I currently have a dedicated server with 100+ of websites and each one one them has its own email accounts served by Plesk. Since this is a very very fast dedicated server my capacity is limited around 300GB of which 100GB is taken by mail accounts. and this if after me looking into it regularly and deign some cleanups and always advising clients to use map instead of pop3 so they down occupy much space on the server.

I am thinking of splitting things to 2 servers, one for hosting my clients websites and one VPS with lots of capacity for just serving emails. I am considering using Plesk for both since i already use Plesk and am familiar with it and serves what i want to do.

any advise will be much appreciated.

thanks for pointing me to that solution ut thats a bit pricey solution for splitting 1 server to 2 servers :) it will cost $174.99 for this alone! per month! i dont think its an issue creating emails on one server and setting up hosting on the other. i could even use pleskbupcup cli to transfer exiting accounts with emails only form one server to the other.

Just wondering if anyone else is using this setup and if there is anything to consider before getting my hands dirty

Back