• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk for Service Providers

J

jcmedina

Hello,

We've finally chosen Plesk as our platform for web hosting automation. Since we don't plan on offering the service the traditional way I was wondering if Plesk is capable of the following:

1. Issue unique Control Panels/Accounts for subdomains - Since we're looking for clients who have no domains (and don't plan to purchase one) would it be possible for the provider to provision accounts using a subdomain (e.g. www.providerwebsite.com deploys user.providerwebsite.com with hosting account). I've read through the manual and it only mentions that Plesk is capable of issuing FTP accounts, how about Plesk/Control Panel accounts?

Taking the idea further, is there a script available online where I can have a user check if their "subdomain" is already taken from the service provider's website?

2. SInce this is limited release for us, would it be possible to autoinstall software like Coppermine, Wordpress without buying the Plesk application pack and just modifying the "Custom Button" part of Plesk.

3. I've used cPANEL before and it's convenient to just type in www.mydomain.com/cpanel instead of www.mydomain.com:8443 in the browser. Does plesk have an equivalent URL?

My apologies if my questions are very simlpe. Your replies are very much appreciated.

Back