• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Full Backup -- /pleskbackup --all

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

Ok so I am running FC6 with VMware Server which runs a VM with FC6 as well. I have been using it for several months now without any problems (minus WatchDog Spamassin error). Anyway what I am trying to do is take a FULL BACKUP of "ALL" or everything on my Plesk Server. I am able to take the backup and relocate it to the new machine I want to setup.

The problem is that when I go to RESTORE ALL it seems to work fine, however when I shutdown the old server and start up the new one I can't call any of the domains but e-mail and FTP still works. Basically if you call www.domain.com it won't work but if I call www.domain2.com it works. I have 14 domains and 2 of the 14 I tested work when making the HTTP request for the web site, the rest fail.

ANY IDEAS or help would be greatly appreciated.

I have read the Plesk 8.2 backup restore user guide and it seems to me I have covered all bases. There is a note that when moving domains over to have them already created on the new server, however this does not make sense when doing a full backup/restore as you would overwrite them. Plus if I had lets say 100 domains this would prove to be a lot of work.

I do get a warning saying this Server does not match the "Server Signature" in the back up file.... I have tried searching for the "Server Signature" but found nothing. Would this matter if I was setting up a new server? My new server (temp server) is going to have the same IP as the old, basically replacing the old server with my new temp server while I upgrade the old one... just like unplugging one and plugging in the other....

PLEASE HELP Thank you!

Back