• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question plesk git deploy gives artisan error

mudassar

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.47
I have just about managed to mess around and deploy a laravel project on my ubuntu plesk server. I tried using composer etc via plesk panel but it was just failing at a million different places.
It doesnt help that the dev has left and made such a messy system. 2 different websites, Nuxt SPA's pulling info from laravel API's and all god knows what. Trying to set it up so they talk to each other has been a nightmare for a layman like me.

I used plesk git to pull the repo and then finalized the installation via CLI. Everything is finally working, but when I go to pull another branch via plesk, I get the error:
Switching the application to maintenance mode
Execution /opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php has failed with exit code 1, stdout: Could not open input file: artisan
, stderr:.
Firstly, I already put the project into maintenance mode. Secondly, why is this happening and how do i fix it? :-/

The error is related to a Laravel configuration issue, but it is very hard to tell what exactly is happening. I think that probably the path to the Laravel project is wrong. There are some discussions on similar issues on the Internet like
that basically all point to the same reason.

The error is related to a Laravel configuration issue, but it is very hard to tell what exactly is happening. I think that probably the path to the Laravel project is wrong. There are some discussions on similar issues on the Internet like
that basically all point to the same reason.

The whole project works fine though. Through CLI I can run everything, all Artisan and composer commands. It is only via plesk git pull when I get this error.

Back