• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk GUI incredibly slow suddenly

H

Hak Foo

We've been running a FC6 VPS image with Plesk 8.3.0 for about three years now, and it has ~200 domains on it.

Normally, the Plesk web interface is a little slow during periods of high load, but usable.

About a week ago, it became ridiculous. Only about 1 in 5 logins would succeed in getting to the desktop page (the others just spinning forever or kicking back to the login page), and those that did make it, half the time it would demand you log in again at the next page you tried to request.

The server load is in the typical range for the server (~2), all the services work normally, and the command-line tools work, so it seems to be something just hanging about the GUI.

I did notice when things got slow, the Virtuozzo tab now shows resources in a different format, which made me suspicious that the VPS provider may have reconfigured Virtuozzo in a way Plesk has a hard time with, but the odd thing is that it still "works" technically, it's just stalling forever.

I've tried:

* Restarting psa service
* Restarting various other services
* Rebooting the whole bloody VPS
* Upgrading to Plesk 8.4.0 (which was such a mess that I'd prefer not to try it again unless there's a clear 'oh, that's fixed in x.x.x' message)

The only time it seemed to perform better was in the middle of the autoupdate process, but perhaps that was because it was in the middle of messing everything up (it died mid-install, which dropped the server load to virtually zero because it was no longer serving any of the domains up right)

Is there some way to get extra telemetry on what's going on inside Plesk-- a 'debug' version that will say 'Waiting for resource foo....' and then 30 seconds later 'giving up on resource foo' or whatever is holding it back?

Back