• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk panel is fast EXCEPT when clicking domains

Just to be sure. I don't know if this is the same problem as @larryk was having. Maybe something else was causing the slow Plesk UI issue?

it seems its slow for me in the Dynamic view while Plesk tries to load website previews.
Ubuntu 22.04,
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Version 18.0.57 Update #1

solution...
DO NOT block country code for Germany :)

Yes, not sure why Plesk doesn't tell you, "hey, you are blocking IPs that Plesk needs"... or maybe it does tell you, but it isn't obvious...
anyway, there our things (resources?, etc.) that need to be accessed or checked, etc. Once I removed Germany from firewall, all was fast again

:)
Again, maybe there is a better way that Plesk can inform users:
- don't do this
- plesk needs this
- if X happens, then Y will happen

@larryk, I think this happens when you block a country where the server is either located or from where Cloudflare delivers content to the server. For example if your server is located in a data center in Germany, it will contact Plesk servers through Cloudflare through their nearest peering point, and if that is the same country that you are blocking, it cannot connect.
Could you confirm that your server is located in Germany or nearby?

@Peter Debik Unfortunately a lot of the slowness seems in relation to the new pager that was introduced in 18.0.57.1 (We do not have the Xovi SEO Toolkit extension installed). After upgrading the pager defaulted to displaying all domains so when you click the domains page it would take over 10 seconds to load (The server has around 330 domains on it). Limiting the pager to 25 or 100 domains speeds things up considerably. There is likely some profiling and optimization that will have to be done with the new paging system.

@Peter Debik Unfortunately a lot of the slowness seems in relation to the new pager that was introduced in 18.0.57.1 (We do not have the Xovi SEO Toolkit extension installed). After upgrading the pager defaulted to displaying all domains so when you click the domains page it would take over 10 seconds to load (The server has around 330 domains on it). Limiting the pager to 25 or 100 domains speeds things up considerably. There is likely some profiling and optimization that will have to be done with the new paging system.

The Xovi SEO Toolkit extension is part of the Sitejet builder. You won't see that extension in the installed extensions overview.
Do you see any timeouts in the browser console?

@Maarten. No the Sitejet extension isn't installed (we removed it after the upgrade). This definitely seems related to the new pager. Maybe they are trying to pull in more information with the buttons on the right hand side.

> Do you see any timeouts in the browser console?
We are seeing an "About Error" page that flashes for a quick second occasionally if you click between the Domains and Subscription pages .. It just flashes for a quick second so I can't fully read it.

@larryk, I think this happens when you block a country where the server is either located or from where Cloudflare delivers content to the server. For example if your server is located in a data center in Germany, it will contact Plesk servers through Cloudflare through their nearest peering point, and if that is the same country that you are blocking, it cannot connect.
Could you confirm that your server is located in Germany or nearby?
Hi Peter, I added the Juggernaut firewall (paid service)... the data is GREAT!!! however, LOTS of settings, features, etc and I don't always exactly know what I'm turning on or off :) BUT it allows to block by country code. But no, my server is in the USA

but it would be really, really good if Plesk, just came out and told admin users --- "you broke ______", when something needs to happen and it can't or doesn't ... as opposed to writing to a log file.

Same problem here.
Domain overview take about 15 seconds ~ 270 domains.

The server hardware is relaxed, without any neccessary workload.

Sitejet is removed.

@Qhiliqq That would be 0.05 seconds/domain, not exactly slow. Other users reported that the major hold-up for them are the icons of the websites. The best way to solve this is to enable pagination (do not display all domains on a single page, but for example 25 per page).

Reactions: mow
@Qhiliqq That would be 0.05 seconds/domain, not exactly slow. Other users reported that the major hold-up for them are the icons of the websites. The best way to solve this is to enable pagination (do not display all domains on a single page, but for example 25 per page).
It is set t0 25 domains per page.
Doesn't change anything.
There are no new domains since update x, after that it's extremely slow.
I think this has to be a UI problem.

Back