• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk panel is fast EXCEPT when clicking domains

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.55 Update #2, last updated on Sept 28, 2023 03:48 AM
hello,

this is a recent issue? It has been fast (normal) and then a couple different times is really slow. Like this:
- click on left menu, domains: you see a list of domains.
- I click one... it could take 30 seconds to finally load the next page????
- any other click, any other page is fast... EXCEPT to bring up the main domain page.

anyone know the cause of that?
what to fix or change or check?

thanks

PS. i say it started happening about 3ish weeks ago?

It's not a known issue and I cannot see or reproduce it on production environments. Maybe it is a browser cache issue, or a plugin, e.g. an antivirus plugin, is messing with JavaScript on the page? How does the user surface work in a different browser?

I understand, but I logged in on a new browser, firefox, which i never use. logged and the same issue happened :(
i always use chrome.

click domains and then click any link for a domain... (which brings up the main page for a domain).

1) you know the blue status bar that -- if that is what it's called (i attached image)
2) that blue bar, goes across slowwwww... and by the time it gets to the right side of screen, it is crawling. 15+ seconds up to about 30 seconds.

3) every other click, function, etc. etc. is all fast EXCEPT viewing the main page of a domain.

note: it has happened and then goes away. maybe a couple times repeated. but now... it is staying :(

true, I've never experienced this before, ever.

help ? :)

Attachments

• bluebar.png
    bluebar.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
It's not a known issue and I cannot see or reproduce it on production environments. Maybe it is a browser cache issue, or a plugin, e.g. an antivirus plugin, is messing with JavaScript on the page? How does the user surface work in a different browser?
also, i noticed that
this extension (i do have a paid account and it does work when I go to the 360 website), but does not work from the plesk icon click.

Monitoring​

Version
2.8.2-335

when trying to open it, gives error:
An unexpected error occurred

and this is the URL: /modules/monitoring/index.php/cloud/main

What do you click? "Open in web" or "Preview"?

Hi, neither :)

ONLY clicking the domain name from the list... just to open the Plesk overview page for the domain...

example:

com:8443/smb/web/overview/id/20/type/domain

also, i noticed that
this extension (i do have a paid account and it does work when I go to the 360 website), but does not work from the plesk icon click.

Monitoring​

Version
2.8.2-335

when trying to open it, gives error:
An unexpected error occurred

and this is the URL: /modules/monitoring/index.php/cloud/main
OH.. i see that just needs a CA update, etc.

We have the same issues and didn't change anything, but the Plesk Update. We analyzed the logs, there is no DDOS or higher volume of traffic. It must be an plesk issue. We checkt all consistency, but didn't find any hint on a change.

@karsten_de1970 As Plesk has a very large user base, probably we'd already know about the issue in a support ticket or at least have steps to reproduce it here. I cannot reproduce it on production servers or test environment, so the very best you can do is to open a ticket with Plesk support and let them access your server so that they can check it directly on your server.

@karsten_de1970 As Plesk has a very large user base, probably we'd already know about the issue in a support ticket or at least have steps to reproduce it here. I cannot reproduce it on production servers or test environment, so the very best you can do is to open a ticket with Plesk support and let them access your server so that they can check it directly on your server.
Hi Peter,
how would I go about doing that? To let Plesk Support access my server?
I'll be the 1st to admit, I would not believe it unless I saw it :)
but...WOW, another person see's same issue.

I noticed the same issue and have asked Plesk Support to investigate it.

How to reproduce:
- Go to Subscriptions
- Click on a domain
- Notice how long it takes (about 10 seconds)

@Maarten. I still cannot see it on my systems here, but maybe it is specific to some operating system or version. Does a ticket exist on it?

I got a reply from Plesk Support (request 95156595).

The slow load was produced by Xovi SEO Toolkit extension. The development team confirmed that they are already working on this with priority on behalf of the bug with ID XOVI-9656. They confirmed that this will be fixed by today.

Back