• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk hopelessly behind ?

P

paddy@

I can't finds a good forum to put this in and perhaps parallels doesn't even read it but I have to try ;)

How come Parallels Plesk control panel is so hopelessly behind the release cycle on different softwares ?

Example-
FreeBSD - plesk support 6.x while 6.x series is going our of support very soon and 7.x series is the production release.
PHP - plesk support 4.x still while 5.x is the production release.
Apache - plesk uses 2.0.x still while 2.2.x is the production release.

There are probably more but that's a few of the question marks at least.

Is there a reason for this ?
I would think it can't be to hard to make the necessary changes to make the control panel ready for the last known and supported releases of 3rd party software.

sounds like your server is hopelessly behind and not plesk.

Plesk and Release Schedule

To be quite honest Parallels is as up to date as you can get when you have multiple different architectures that you have to support from RHEL to CentOS to Ubuntu to Debian and all flavors of Windows iis. Being able to support all of those architectures and not have someones server system lock up is a great under taking.

If you do an up2date on a Saturday of Sunday night every other week you will begin to appreciate the enormity of what Parallels does for you.

I disagree, coming from a host that used Freebsd, the lastest version that they are sayin has been tested with PSA is 6.1 ....The release on that was May of 2006!! So this persons box isnt hopelessly out of date. He has probably waited for them to release a build that supported a higher build. Dont want to push the envelope there either .... been there done that.. I was on first name basis with several of the techs including vitalia... If they arent going to support it any longer they should rip it from list of supported OS's.

Maybe they don't know that current production release for FreeBSD is 8.0. What can I say about x64 support, otherwise we will stuck with 4GB of ram if we don't wanna run custom PAE kernels :( FreeBSD 6.3 will be out of support in a few days :(

Back