• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk-hosted websites spend much time 'waiting'

Joël van Daalen

New Pleskian
Hi there,

Earlier this week I started using Plesk and moved over some websites to my server. I notice that all websites hosted on my Plesk-server spend a lot of time 'waiting' compared to my previous server. I have an example here: Pingdom Tools

This wasn't the case on my previous server, so I'm guessing I configured something wrong. Is there anybody that can help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the support!

Waiting in this case means that a script that runs on the server is slow. This can be caused by a number of factors but has nothing to do with Plesk. It is more a server configuration issue. Maybe the system is under heavy load. Maybe a previously active cache was disabled. Does the system have enough RAM or is it using swap space? You will need to research what your script is doing and where it spends the most time.

Back