• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk implications of PHP revision?

J

johntinker

I have Plesk Reloaded 7.5, Fedora Core 2, PHP 4.3.11, Apache 5.0.51. The PHP is currently CGI. I want to rebuild the PHP to be an Apache module. I am about a week into the learning curve of dealing with administering my virtual dedicated server.

I hesitate to try to rebuild the PHP as a module until I get a better comfort level on the procedures for doing that, and consequences to the Plesk installation. I've been reading solid for the past several days, but haven't yet experienced any "aha" clicks in my now weary brain.

Would there be an RPM somewhere that would do most of what is required for me? What should I be looking for? Thanks in advance for any coaching or advice.

Update:
I managed to install yum-2.0.8-1. That was the highest version I that would work with Python 2.3.3 that is on my system.

But I don't know what to do next.

Thanks Highland. I appreciate your help.

I managed to install RPM-GPG-KEY.art.txt (an achievement in itself for this novice) and yum did download a set of headers. But I got this error:

Resolving dependencies
.......Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package php-pgsql needs libpq.so.3, this is not available.

Are there other upgrades that I should be doing first?

- John

Back