• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Plesk installer access

RingoStar77

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I could not access the plesk installer. I am using Plesk 17.8.3 with a 1and1 Cloud Server and I have opened the necessary ports (8443, 8447 and some more).

When I enter "plesk installer" in ssh I get the following error:

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
exit status 1

Even after killing the installer process I am not able to access it. I don't know what to do anymore.

My browser (firefox 60) tries to perform a tls-handshake and says "connection time out" after a few seconds. The issue persists on other browsers.

I am not using the the plesk firewall, just the 1and1 firewall.

Hopefully someone can help me with this :(

Best regards
Ringo

Hello IgorG,

thank you for your reply.
I have already tried that solution but unfortunately without success. This is why I created this thread ;-)

It's strange because I never heard that this issue was not solved when ALL installer processes were killed completely. But if you say that it really is, I can only advise you to try to reboot the server.

The weird thing is that I am able to access ip:8447/summary.html most of the times.

But I am then not able to access IP:8447/update_components.html.

Every time I use
ps auxffww | grep autoinstaller\|parallels_installer
I get a different process ID.

Code:
[root@server ~]# ps auxffww | grep autoinstaller\|parallels_installer
root     64741  0.0  0.0 112704   976 pts/0    S+   14:49   0:00          \_ grep --color=auto autoinstaller|parallels_installer
[root@server ~]# ps auxffww | grep autoinstaller\|parallels_installer
root     64783  0.0  0.0 112704   980 pts/0    S+   14:49   0:00          \_ grep --color=auto autoinstaller|parallels_installer

So "strace -p ID" does not work for me and I can't kill the process properly.

Even rebooting the server does not help

But as I said, I am not able to kill the process properly because the ID is changing every second or so and I don't know why :(

Ah okay I see. Thank you for your help! After killing the process I was able to open the web installer without problems.

Will Plesk fix this issue in the future?

I think it is not intended that you have to kill the process all the time in order to get the installer working?
Because I need to do so :D

When installer works, corresponding processes are running. You want to run another installer but can't because it is already running and in progress. So, for running another installer you have to stop previous installer processes. I suppose it is correct behaviour, but not the bug :)

Back