• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Installer doesn't work anymore

SirSeba

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu16.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello everyone,

the plesk installer stopped working for some reasons.
I cant install/update components from plesk installer either from the CLI or from Plesk Panel.
When I try to run the command "plesk installer update" , I get the error "No products installed yet. First you have to use the command "install", in order to install products".
Plesk -v output is:
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.34.2
OS version: Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
Build date: 2021/03/25 10:00
Revision: e5a6bfface98f8934d483a7a2fcdcc53195bda68

I know that Ubuntu 16.04 is End of Life, I will upgrade it to a higher version but I am still figuring it how ..

Operating system is out of support and I am afraid the quite old Plesk version is, too. Plesk does not work on products that are end of life. I suggest migrating to a new server with a current operating system. That can either be done using Plesk Migrator or by a restore of a full backup.

Thanks for the reply @Peter Debik.
Migrating to another server would be hard as this is a hosted dedicated server and I would need to purchase a new one in order to migrate it to.
Do you recommend to create a full backup, reinstall the server on the new version and then restore the Plesk Configuration/Files from the backup?
Or do you think that with the dist-upgrade I could upgrade the server without damaging it?

You can perform a dist-upgrade with this instruction, but read the article AND the comments from other users before you even start.
And as always, create a backup of your current server:

I would advise starting with a new server and migrating the accounts. You can apply for a Plesk migration license:

Back