• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk Installer Problems

Hi to all.

I had the problem after the night automatically update procedure that this failed. I was able to read once the log. Ther was a gateway timeout für a PHP Package. But now the log is gone and could not be found.

If I now enter the Plesk Installer I got an Error Message "Can't connect to backend: No such file or directory".

MY Plesk Version is: (/usr/local/psa/version)
12.5.30 Debian 7.0 1205160201.11

How can I fix this problem.

Thanks for help :)

Best regards

Hello UFHH01,

thank you for this usefull hint. But unfortunelly I've done this before I wrote my post.

The KB doesn't know about this problem and the forum suggested a repair install I've started this but 3,3 GB of new data shown up. So It might cost me more hours the get it back into the state.

My intension was to write this post to be aware of this. When an automatical updated failed because a file could not be downloaded because of a temp gateway issue, the update should not broke everything. My thought was also maybe there an other solution to fix this, before spending hours with a repair install.

The best solution is that I can replace a file and can start the update process again. I've done an whole backup last week so I think there might be a quick win.

So maybe some with expert skills can help me with that. And additional please move this post to the Linux Section.

Best Regards
Chris

Hi Christian Röder,

sorry, but your error description(s) has way to much missing things, why I suggested to READ and follow the initial basics from the above forum link. Plesk comes as well with several REPAIR options, which are described in the above link as well.
Without any logs from your server, it is really hard to guess, what might be wrong with Plesk ( and/or additional services ) - please consider to add log files or at least try to copy&paste errors from the logs, so that investigations can be done and possible suggestions to solve your issues can be made.

Thanks UFHH01,

the issue was, that the log was after once reviewed deleted. I finally got the problem. The Update Service was still running in the Background. I've killed it and the unlocking for the directory was done. So I am now able to access the Installer again.

Best Regards
Chris

Back