• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk instance in AWS Lightsail

Plesk_EC

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Whenever Plesk is updated, favicon file is overwritten. I did mention this to Plesk support and they said this can be added as a feature request but not sure where that has gone to. Issue is still there so whenever Plesk does updates on AWS Lightsail instances then favicon that I use gets replaced with the one that is used by Plesk. I've been replacing this favicon file every time I noticed my one has been replaced. Any input from Plesk about this? Or any other Plesk users about what they have done so this does not happen on your Plesk instances?

Thanks!

Thanks @IgorG - that is what I'm referring to and wonder where is the state of that request as that was raised back in 2020.

On your work around - when would the Event Handler be run though? Anyway this could run right after a Plesk update has been installed?

Many thanks.

Thanks @IgorG - I've added two events:

Plesk component installed lowest (0) root /bin/cp -f /home/ubuntu/favicon.ico /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico
Plesk component updated lowest (0) root /bin/cp -f /home/ubuntu/favicon.ico /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico

This should get this sorted out - appreciate the input!

Location of favicon.ico file might have changed for new instances of Plesk @IgorG ?

I'm making sure required file is under /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/ - and have validated that it's there but Plesk favicon is still showing up on this new instance - where is the path for this file now?

Thanks.

Thanks for the input @Kaspar but it doesn't accept the .ico file that works OK on other Plesk instances.

It also required the .svg file which I generated online and added it - I get the error that "Unexpected image MIME type: image/jpeg" - but it's a .ico file.

Thanks.

Yes, both a .ico and .svg file are required for the favicon as Plesk itself uses both formats for a favicon. All modern browsers support both formats, however svg has a much higher image quality.

There's no way to update favicon file now via the below command - and I don't have an SVG file but only the ICO

root /bin/cp -f /home/ubuntu/favicon.ico /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico

I've tried converting the ICO to SVG online but I get the following error: "Unexpected image MIME type: image/jpeg" for the ICO file - can just one file be made optional instead of having both as required?

A favicon should not be that big of an issue - plus whenever updates are done on Plesk and ICO file is replaced with that of Plesk, events that copy custom ICO which were working OK are not working any more:

Plesk component installed lowest (0) root /bin/cp -f /home/ubuntu/favicon.ico /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico
Plesk component updated lowest (0) root /bin/cp -f /home/ubuntu/favicon.ico /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico

Thanks.

Back