• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved AWS LightSail UBUNTU v16.04.7 to v20.04.05 preferred procedure / method

randypetersen

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.34 Update #2, last updated on Mar 26, 2021 06:27 AM
Just a quick question on what's the preffered method to update my PLESK aws lightsail instance. I figured I would create a new instance setup PLESK and then import a backup from my previous instance.

Sorry for the simple question, if there is a standard readme or documentation, please let me know.

I see they have a APPS+OS image instance of PLESK on 18.0.40.1, I was going to go with that, but since support ends in 4 months, I figured I'd go right to v20?
I read:
  • Plesk supports Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04, with some limitations for version 20.04 and 22.04.

I see there is an UBUNTU v20.04 LTS on OS Only image instance.

Should I setup a new instance with that image then install PLESK on a clean 20.04 image and restore a backup from previous instance's Plesk console?

Thanks for any input!

We recently prepared a Plesk 18.0.48 image with Ubuntu 22.04 and requested to publish it in the Lightsail. This usually takes some time on their part. I think you should wait for this image to become public.

We recently prepared a Plesk 18.0.48 image with Ubuntu 22.04 and requested to publish it in the Lightsail. This usually takes some time on their part. I think you should wait for this image to become public.
Thanks for the reply IgorG!

When you say 'some time' are talking days? or months?

I could probably push it back a week. If it's longer than than, than maybe I'll have to jump to the v18 ubuntu/plesk image until the v22.04 is available.

Thanks again for the info!

Oh sure, don't have a crystal ball I suppose, I was just curious if usually took days/weeks/months... All good, thanks for responding.
I'll do an interim jump to Ubuntu 18 so we can start getting updates - see if that'll solve some of our issues.

Any guesses if that's announced anywhere of just keep clicking "create an instance" to see if it's available.

Thanks IgorG

Sorry to bring up an old thread, just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this. I wonder if Amazon is less interested in LightSail, don't seem like the Ubuntu or Plesk packages are getting updated.

If the company I work for decides to stick with LightSail, I think I install a new UBUNTU 20.04 instance upgrade it to 22.04 then install PLESK import my plesk backup from there, unless anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks for any input.

Any update on Ubuntu 22.04 Plesk image on Lightsail?

It seems Plesk version ("18.0.54") could confuse because may looks like Ubuntu version (18, others) inside the Lightsail Catalog interface.
In fact, Plesk image inside Lightsail Catalog is based on Ubuntu 22.04, the image contains Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54.2.

1700645739408.png

Code:
ubuntu@ip-172-26-7-84:~$ sudo -s
root@ip-172-26-7-84:/home/ubuntu# plesk version
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54.2
     OS version: Ubuntu 22.04 x86_64
     Build date: 2023/07/28 15:00
       Revision: 7addc2cf386263ca7765584cff8c160141fcfd84

Ah, yes, had assumed it was Ubuntu 18 which I think I had a Plesk instance on previously. Will take a look just now, thank you!

Back