1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Interface Login Glitch after Update to 8.1.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by amandler, May 29, 2007.

  1. amandler

    amandler Basic Pleskian

    23
    57%
    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2006
    Messages:
    42
    Likes Received:
    0
    After updating to 8.1.1, a weird glitch developed. Users can log into webmail, get their pop and imap mail, and generally things are working. However, logging into the Plesk interface at my.<domain name>.net no longer works using the email name and password. If I reset the email password (to the same password it was before or a different on) then logging in to my.<domain name>.net works fine for that user.

    Anyone have insight into that? I hate to have to reset the password for each of my 1500 users.

    Running on Ubuntu 6.06 with php5 and mysql 5.0.1.

    Thanks.
     
  2. cfairchild

    cfairchild Guest

    0
     
    I have run into the same problem and have found that the database does not seem to have been updated. It seems that over time there was a transition between database types which is now causing problems. I found in the table psa.Permissions that the settings for pemission='cp_access' has some entries which are set to 'true' and some which contain all the trailing whitespace. The users with trailing whitespace are the ones having issues logging in.

    There are 2 ways that I have found to fix this, either you need to log in and disable/re-enable the users control panel access, or you can run an SQL query to update the table in the Plesk database. eg: update Permissions set value = 'true' where permission = 'cp_access' and value like 'true%'

    However I have only run the SQL update against a few accounts in case there are any side effects. If anyone has knowlege that would help here please feel free to comment. Or if someone has contacted Plesk support regarding this issue perhaps you can post your results.
     
Loading...