• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk is making big load

A

AleksandarI

I have dual quad-core AMD with 8GB RAM and 500GB SATA-II HDD. And when somebody open setup link in Cp in any domain, load is jumping from 5 to 11-15 :(
In same time, process : /opt/psa/admin/bin/usermng --isquotable-quiet is active

Does anybody know what is wrong :S

p.s, my biggest mistake I made this year is taking plesk as CP. I will regreting forever

to be honest, it might be. many things generate huge load, untar even not too big files
mail server when there are more than 100 mails to process.

I will try to check disks, somehow :S

I had a problem which basically sounds the same as yours. It was a bad RAID driver. Are you experiencing large 'wa' % from your cpu?

To check:
ssh in and run:

then press '1' to display all cpu's

Then view the 'wa' %

It is it a high figure it can suggest a slow writing to hdd's. (as was my case).

yes, wa % is big. Usuallly, it is huge on 3 of 8 CPUs :S

messing with RAID drivers on production server is not too much clever :S

If it is a RAID problem check for updated drivers, the final decision is up to you on how you proceed. Updated drivers were available for me. I had a Dell Poweredge 860 (raid 1).
My solution however was a new server and migrated across (the old server was 3yrs old). I (like you) didn't want to upgrade the RAID drivers with over 500 domains on the server.

To lessen the problem while it was there i changed /var/qmail/control/concurrencylocal setting to:

This meant only 1 email was processed at a time. On my server with the raid problem this meant 1 email was processed every 10 seconds. This relieved the stress on the server greatly & let me sleep at night! As email is the main thing that is generally writing larger files to the hdd's. Everything else is mostly reading which i didn't have a problem with.

I hope this helps, i dealt with this problem for 18 months before i finally got rid of the server...