• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk issue to resolve

HostClub

New Pleskian
Hi Im using plesk web host edition

Having some issue :

Clint FTP , how I can fix. ftp.clientdomain.com rather than using ip ? like cPanel

Client plesk panel : clientsdomain.com: port shows. not secure error .

Please advise how to fix .

thanks
kind regards
Russell

FTP question: I do not understand what you are asking.

Panel SSL: Log in to your server as "admin", then go to "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS certificates". Create the Let's Encrypt certificates for server and mail and make them the default certificates.

FTP question: I do not understand what you are asking.

Panel SSL: Log in to your server as "admin", then go to "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS certificates". Create the Let's Encrypt certificates for server and mail and make them the default certificates.
Thanks for your reply , I think i didnt able to make you understand or you didn't read the query properly. , plz check the link i have provided where is ssl active for main site. but when clients want to access plesk. shows ssl warning

about FTP access. I have to use ip address. , how i can setup ftp.(clients domain). ?

also plesk is not secure as admin is a common user name . it will be great help , if any one can advise how to rename admin .......

"Panel SSL: Log in to your server as "admin", then go to "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS certificates". Create the Let's Encrypt certificates for server and mail and make them the default certificates."

This means: To secure the Plesk login URL you need to create an SSL certificate. This can be done from "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS certificates". Once you have created the certificate, select it as the default certificate for your mail server and Plesk. This will eliminate the security warning that you are seeing.

Regarding FTP I understand that you want to access your server through a different domain name than your host name. If you have created your SSL certificate for the server's host name this will also secure FTP when you connect to the server through that host name. As there is only one FTP server on the system, it is not feasible to equip that one with a different or additional SSL certificate that secures a different domain name. The default solution is to use the host name, because that already has an SSL certificate (after you have created it as described above.)

Thanks for your reply , As I have previously mention that you didnt read my query . didnt check the link , SSL is active there , Provided the link with SSL but when I try to go to plesk link with your SSL + domain name + : 8443 shows waring need to fix .

Plesk link with ssl , https://jk365buy.com:8443 remove the :8443 u will see ssl is active for domain . which doesn't work for plesk link

It seems that you are confusing the host name and a domain name. You have a certificate for your domain name, but when you want to log in to Plesk this is using a different web server. So you also need to have a certificate for the Plesk GUI web server sw-server (an Nginx server). For that reason I had asked you to

"go to "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS certificates". Create the Let's Encrypt certificates for server and mail and make them the default certificates."

Have you done that? Gone to "Tools & Settings" > "SSL/TLS certificates", created your certificate for the host name and made that default certificate for Plesk and mail server?

If you want to use your domain for Plesk login instead of a host name that might be different, did you Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL?

Have you read the instructions regarding customized domain names?
I think you are trying to use your domain name that is allocated to a subscription to log in. According to the Plesk guide this is not supported, because that domain is already in use by the subscription.

Im talking about my clients domain for plesk login , I want my clients will access plesk from their domain:8443.

I think i didnt able to explain you , or you do not want to understand ......... i want my client will use their domain
i want my client will use their domain

for plesk login and FTP access

for plesk login and ftp. access .

not the server ip or server link ..... if you dont understand read again . thx

All necessary information to solve your case has been provided. I suggest you read the article and you will understand.

Back