• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk issues, about every update. What am I missing?

freaky@

Regular Pleskian
Hey there,

ever since we installed plesk I'm having issue after issue. Obviously I must be doing something wrong, right?

We have a default installed Fedora Core 4 machine, on which we installed plesk 8.0 in the beginning. We had several weird problems with, amongst which applications not being able to include files under their own httpdocs folder because of some open_basedir screw-up (read /etc/php.ini couldn't be read due to selinux, which is on by default and should thus be support by plesk IMHO).

Emails being sent from websites to mailboxes on the server don't get through, appearanly because selinux doesn't allow the message to be put in the anti-virus queue.

But we're not there yet, no, even with selinux completely turned off 8.1.1 doesn't run awstats, because the path is incorrect. So I made sure selinux was off, updated to 8.2.1 and guess what, still no awstats, and AFAIK plesk uses it's own installer package for that. One would assume plesk knows where it installs awstats...

Been monitoring the forums for quite a while and I'm obviously not the only one with these issues. Far from even.

Anyways, I'd expect plesk to have some scripts which check
* Configuration problems
* Stupid things like incorrect paths to awstats
* SELinux permissions (or to just set them properly).

Anyone know of such scripts?

Oh btw, did I mention most applications from the application vault don't run properly, under plesk's own default settings? Very nice...

Back