• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk keeps logging me out

Ashleighm

New Pleskian
Hi All,

Plesk keeps logging me out ever since i changed my ISP to a wifi ISP. If i log in, it sometimes logs me straight back out immediately. Other times it lets me click a few things and then "boom" back to the login screen.

I'm incredibly frustrated, and my ISP for Plesk says that it's an error on my side with the wifi connection that keeps changing IP's or something of the sort. He also said there is no error log in my Panel for plesk to indicate something is wrong. Is there some sort of a solution to this? My area of residence is WIFI dependant so I do not have another internet source at the moment.

My Passwords and username are right...
I had a fuming argument with my Host as I am using him to do my business and domains through, and without plesk, my hands are tied.

Hi

I have the exact same problem.... Did you find a solutions to this or??

Thanks in advance
Peter

Hi All,

Plesk keeps logging me out ever since i changed my ISP to a wifi ISP. If i log in, it sometimes logs me straight back out immediately. Other times it lets me click a few things and then "boom" back to the login screen.

I'm incredibly frustrated, and my ISP for Plesk says that it's an error on my side with the wifi connection that keeps changing IP's or something of the sort. He also said there is no error log in my Panel for plesk to indicate something is wrong. Is there some sort of a solution to this? My area of residence is WIFI dependant so I do not have another internet source at the moment.

My Passwords and username are right...
I had a fuming argument with my Host as I am using him to do my business and domains through, and without plesk, my hands are tied.

It would be useful to know if your IP really is changing. Can you check please?

During a single session I would not expect your IP to change under normal circumstances. But I have seen it happen with badly configured proxies - especially the kind found in some parts of the world where internet filtering is mandatory.

From a security point of view, logging a user out if their IP changes seems like the right thing to do.

Do you use Netflix or Lovefilm or Hulu etc? I would expect IP changes to cause problems with those too. And I would expect Internet banking in particular to log you out if you change IPs.

Of course I'm no expert in these matters - so I may be totally wrong.

Can you ask your ISP provider to provide a static IP address for you as changing the session may leads the connection to get out and this will again prompt for the login screen.

Have the same problem, doesn't matter what browser I use. Blockers disabled. I have a Static IP. Seems it times out after about 2 minutes. It ended up being that I had it to logout when my IP address changed. My IP does not change and no one else is logging in. I just had to change the Plesk setting to allow this.

Last edited:
Verify what IP Address is actually being used to log in:
  1. Go to "Tools & Settings > Active Plesk Sessions" page
  2. Look for the session that matches up with your username.
  3. Compare the IP Address with your actual address using a site like What is My IP Address | Find My IP Location, view IPV4 IPv6.
If it doesn't match, this is your problem. For example, if you have CloudFlare setup as a proxy on your domain, you'll see a CloudFlare IP Address instead of your own. The solution is to either enable the "Allow IP address changes during a single session" option as mentioned above, or add an option to your proxy configuration to not proxy access to Plesk.
--ap

Verify what IP Address is actually being used to log in:
  1. Go to "Tools & Settings > Active Plesk Sessions" page
  2. Look for the session that matches up with your username.
  3. Compare the IP Address with your actual address using a site like What is My IP Address | Find My IP Location, view IPV4 IPv6.
If it doesn't match, this is your problem. For example, if you have CloudFlare setup as a proxy on your domain, you'll see a CloudFlare IP Address instead of your own. The solution is to either enable the "Allow IP address changes during a single session" option as mentioned above, or add an option to your proxy configuration to not proxy access to Plesk.
--ap
As a third option, you could just use the IP Address of your server directly instead of using the proxied domain name.
--ap

Back