• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk license - domain number and aliases

C

ContentWriter

When Plesk gives you, for example, a "30 domains" license, I would assume that means if you have an average of 2 aliases per domain then you can set up only 15 sites?

Or does Plesk actually let you set up 30 sites and add aliases to those sites whereby you can get, say, 60 domains onto 30 sites?

I'm asking because I have some sites for which I got an extra domain name since there was a lot of email when users typed in the wrong domain, e.g., thailandguru.com vs. thaiguru.com

I've just checked against the currently used Domain Aliases on my license. I have a 100 Domain license (on one of the three servers I use). I have 3 Domain Aliases in use on that server. Those aliases are not effecting the Domains used from the License itself.

However, be forwarned, when setting up the Domain, it does not follow the DNS Template you have pre-defined in the DNS settings in your Server Configuration. This will make things harder for you to manage if you have multiple Domain Aliases that you have to have a few specific records that you want.. (as I do on a few of mine)..

Back