• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PLESK License Keeps Expiring!

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
This is strange: A server we got from hetzner germany keeps failing to renew its license. Hetzner was of no help, and I just got this email again (happens every month):

Unable to update PLSK.XXXXX.XXXX: an error occurred while processing your key. You can try to retrieve the key manually in Plesk (Tools & Settings > License Information) or let Plesk try to update it in the next 24 hours. If you do not want to receive this notification any more, remove this key from Plesk.

The license key is expired. Some features can be unavailable. Please contact your hosting provider.

The key shows this info:
Plesk Edition Web Host Edition
Key number (deleted -- this is probably something that needs to be kept private?)
Next license key update Sept 23, 2022

When I manually try to update it, it says:
Key Update Status
License key is not prolongated yet

It's interesting that it says it EXPIRED, but the next license key update shows Sept 23 which is still 2 days away..

So, what shall I do?

Many thanks. That wasn't the case..

Code:
# rm /etc/sw/keys/registry.xml
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/task-script.php UpdateKeys --period=daily
[2022-09-21 12:14:40.527] 18456:632ad5f97a3d8 ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Unspecified error
[2022-09-21 12:14:40.527] 18456:632ad5f97a3d8 ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result desc: License key is not prolongated yet
#

The funny thing is, PLESK interface is working as if nothing is wrong, that the key is not expired. I wonder if it's just that Email that is wrong..

this happen to me, was a port that was blocked in firewall
check all ports that pleks need to be opened, this will solve your issue.

Plesk uses port 443 for licencing, so this should be open by default, even if @tkalfaoglu should use the Hetzner "robot" firewall. There may be robot settings where port 443 is closed, so you might want to check that again, but aside from Hetzner robot it is unlikely that the connection is blocked.

If the key can't be retrieved because the server can't be reached or is too busy, I think there would be a different message.
This one looks like the subscription is expired. Did you check that the key belongs to this server and isn't cloned from another that has meanwhile been canceled?

The key was eventually updated when I clicked on UPDATE or whatever that button says.
Same thing every month.. Email warnings "unable to update" for several days, then magically, it updates itself.
Quite sick of it to be honest.

Hi,
I have this problem too and
Next license key update
Jan 21, 2023
but right now several day before it getting that email that unable to update and also manually said too

Back