• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Plesk local on Windows with VirtualBox - creating first Webseite

Goose33

New Pleskian
Hello,

i am new in Plesk and want to test it local on my WIndows 10 PC with Virtual Box.
Now i have installed VirtualBox and finished the initial setup following this video:

After that i log in and create a new Webseite, just click on Add new Domain
AddDomain.JPG

You see, the IP is 10.0.2.15 (shared)

After this i land on this Page:
domain.JPG

But when i click on preview or try to call the webseite in the Browser it dosent work.

Can you please help what i have to do to solve this Problem ?

Thanks
Matthias

Hello,

there is selected the default preview.
What should i set up there?
As i wrote, i am very new in Plesk.
I also wonder what is the ip of the site? The main problem is , that i can not call the site in the browser, now via "local.test", nor via IP ( i dont know which i should use? 10.0.2.15 i can not Ping from Windows console, so the site is not reachable.
I think thats the main problem.

Matthias

Hi @Goose33,

You can access the web page only from your virtual machine in Virtualbox. If you want to access outside of the virtual machine, after updating the Virtualbox's NIC setting to nat, you can view the hosts file under System32

ip address local.test

You must enter your record. Thus, as long as the virtual machine is open, you can log into the web page on your host machine.

Back