• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk logging me off after just a few minutes

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I noticed that Plesk keeps logging me off after just a couple of minutes. I understand this may be for security reasons but this is ridiculous, seems that it cannot stay logged in for more than 3 or 4 minutes at a time :D

I thought that this could be a flaky cookie or something so I cleared it up but still no dice.

Also, whenever I click on SEO Toolkit, it opens the module page, throws an upsell popup and immediately logs me off, so I can't use the SEO Toolkit.

And... not sure if relevant but I was acessing the panel via the server's IP but a couple days ago I switched to using a domain name.

When you're at that same page; Enable the option for "Allow IP address changes during a single session " - that may clear it up.

Yeah, I did that too. When I saw that I thought, maybe my ISP is using some kind of proxy and thus my IP was changing fastly, but Plesk says that the IP didn't change, at least not that quickly. Still the longer timeout

I have the same problem as of yesterday. I can't stay logged in. It's not the Idle time and my IP address doesn't change either.

I'm not sure why this thread is marked "resolved", because based on the answers and responses, it is not resolved. I can confirm this is still a bug in 2023. I'm operating from a completely fresh install of Plesk on a Vultr cloud server and this bug exists out of the box. Is anyone on Plesk admin doing anything about this?? Can confirm that the idle setting is already defaulted to 30 minutes. I've checked the IP address box as recommended but nothing changes. Im still being logged out after less than 5 minutes. This is frustrating, because I'm trying to upload files that are large and I'm basically having to baby sit the page for an hour. I can also confirm it's doing the same thing to FTP accounts. So trying to FTP files fails after 5 minutes due to the system signing off. Please help on this one plesk devs.

I can confirm this is still a bug in 2023.
It's never been a bug, though. Given that your are not only logged out from a browser session, but also from FTP, it is more than likely that a network interruption occurs that ends the sessions. FTP sessions are not affected by the "idle time" settings or "IP address change during single session" settings. These only apply to browser sessions.

Back