• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk logging???

A

AbsolutelyFreeW

First I noticed the logs in the log manager were inadequate, so I went to IIS to see if I ciould make it to include more fields, then I found out, IIS made excellent logging, but they are not shown, plesk is doing its own logging.

Now I'm really confused. Isn't this waste of resources?? Evey hit on the server results in logging in two places.

Why is plesk implementing a services that already is there by the web server with much more flexibility? Why not just make it possible to configure IIS logging for the stie through the control panel??

My impression of plesk is that it provides means of control for the underlying software, I don't see why it in this case has gone its own way.. I can understand that the way of implementation is different between OSs, and capabilities of apache may be different, never the less making a new log results in unnecessary overhead compared to letting the web servers handle this on their own, and just show them in the control panel...

I think that the log file on a better interpretable code am translated.in order to be able to hand over statistics to the program(awstats,webstat). log files of apache and iss are different.

we use Webtrend on our other web server with iss (for 7 years ago) and we have very good results. you can switch the LOGGING off . with this gygabytes today that does not have large influence. you can install webtrend additionally.

as we began with more websever. everyone installed a hit counter. with the time lose everyone the interest in it.to me also in such a way goes with the log files from iss where you can see who on the side go.

PS: my first computer had 2k core memory with paper tape 110 Baud (dec pdp 8)

I wish you a happy new year

The real log files are located in:

c:\windows\system32\logfiles

You can find the exact path by looking at the sites logging properties within IIS.

6.5 and 7.0.x generate their own logs based on there, 7.5 will use just this standard log format.

Thanks,
Paul

Originally posted by cviviani
[PS: my first computer had 2k core memory with paper tape 110 Baud (dec pdp 8)

Hehe, mine was a c64 :)

Back