• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk mail formatting problems - Bare LFs in SMTP

W

webbit

Plesk for windows system notification messages and any auto-responder messages are not being correctly formatted with CR LF dot CR LF to end the message, instead they are ending with a bare LF which is strictly prohibited by 822bis and therefore any qmail server will not be able to receive the messages.

What this means is that if the domain that the notifications are being sent to is external to the plesk server then the notifications will not be delivered correctly and will sit in the outbound mail queue until they expire. The same situation occurs for all email autoresponders under plesk 7.5.3 and 7.5.4 for windows.

Please refer to this URL for further information on bare LF which was sent to me by the staff at mail enable who were able to diagnose this problem for me.

http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html

I have asked plesk support to diagnose and resolve this issue.

This is only a problem with plesk notifications and auto responder emails. Any webmail messages and authenticated smtp messages are able to be delivered without problem, so the problem is specific to the plesk mail formatting of these messages.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Plesk for windows ver 7.5.4 and 7.5.3 show this problem on my server. Updating Mail Enable to the new version does not resolve this issue either as the mail is being formatted by Plesk.

Cheers
Doug

Just experienced this on a RedHat 7.5.4 installation.

Basically I noticed that I had no incoming email for about 4 hours, and when I looked at the log from qmail, it pointed me to the url you stated.

Restarting qmail delivered all incoming mail, but I'm not sure what to do to prevent this from happening again. Until just now, I had never seen this problem.

Back