• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk mail on Google Cloud - nightmare

William Harvey

New Pleskian
By default, Google Compute Engine blocks 25, 465 and 587 SMTP ports and does not allow outbound connections on them. Instances still can receive emails, while sending emails from these ports is not allowed.
How to send email from a Plesk server on Google Cloud?

So Plesk advise to send emails from SendMail as stated here,
How to configure Postfix to send emails using SendGrid

As you can see this is a very unstable option, but nonetheless I updated the server to send emails.

But now it looks like you can't send emails to other domains sitting on the same server.

This is the fist Plesk install on Google Cloud, I have over to 20 to transfer and this issue makes that whole process a non starter.

Can anyone please let me know if there's a better solution or if at some point Plesk will allow mail to go through a different port.

Many thanks
William

@William Harvey

The statement

This is the fist Plesk install on Google Cloud, I have over to 20 to transfer and this issue makes that whole process a non starter.

has all the answers included, especially the "non-starter" part.

@Mark Muyskens is right............no Plesk issue, just one of the many oddities in the not so mature or stable Google Cloud platform.

However, I would recommend that you try out Azure (i.e. Microsoft Cloud): it has the option of (a limited number of) free SendGrid accounts (25K mails per month).

Quite easy to start with both AWS and Azure, certainly if you take the VM images provided by Plesk on the respective marketplaces.

Just some clicks and waiting a couple of minutes and you are good to go, certainly on Azure cloud.

Hope the above helps a bit...........

Regards!

PS Note that you do not need the SendGrid option, when using Azure or AWS, but it can certainly help building reputation and prevent outgoing spam!

Back