• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Mail Relay setting?

L

lkamenir

Right now I have mail relay set to "Authorization is required"
(SMTP is checked)..

I am getting email warnings where the sender is an address on my server where the domain exists, but the user doesn't.. which leads me to believe someone is using me as a relay spam sender..

How can shut this capcity down.. if set relay to "Closed" - The ability of my own web pages to send mail is also turn off..

Will the Blacklist setting help?

Thanks.

It doen't necessary mean that if a message is send from one of your mailadresses, that it is actually send from your server. You have to check the headers of the e-mail for that (in Outlook you find the headers by opening the message in a new window and go to view - options in the menu).

If the messages are send from your server, making it a closed relay is an option. However this also means that users that send mail from your server (for example from a website using CDOSYS or CDONTS or webmail) can't send message to external addresses.

Back