1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Mail Relay setting?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by lkamenir, Oct 24, 2005.

1. lkamenir

lkamenir Guest

Right now I have mail relay set to "Authorization is required"
    (SMTP is checked)..

I am getting email warnings where the sender is an address on my server where the domain exists, but the user doesn't.. which leads me to believe someone is using me as a relay spam sender..

How can shut this capcity down.. if set relay to "Closed" - The ability of my own web pages to send mail is also turn off..

Will the Blacklist setting help?

Thanks.

2. slampaq

slampaq Guest

It doen't necessary mean that if a message is send from one of your mailadresses, that it is actually send from your server. You have to check the headers of the e-mail for that (in Outlook you find the headers by opening the message in a new window and go to view - options in the menu).

If the messages are send from your server, making it a closed relay is an option. However this also means that users that send mail from your server (for example from a website using CDOSYS or CDONTS or webmail) can't send message to external addresses.