• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Plesk Mailhosting and Shopify on the same domain

ErikW

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian, Version 18.0.62 Update #2, last updated on July 25, 2024 06:26 AM
Hello everyone, we have many customers hosted on our servers with Plesk. Some are now switching from Shopware 5 to Shopify, for example. The customers want to leave their mail hosting on Plesk and only connect Shopify via DNS records. Unfortunately, I run into the problem that Shopify has to be connected via A and AAAA records. This means that an SSL certificate can no longer be assigned for the mail hosting. Is there a workaround for this? Many thanks for your help. This is my first post here, please indulge me ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Your customers can use the server host name for secure mail connections instead of their domain name. So, if the host name of your server for example is server1.mycompany.de, they could use that as an alternative for secure mail connections (SMTP/IMAP/POP).

Back