• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Mails not working (change MX records or something else ? )

samuel.marcinko

New Pleskian
Hello. We have linux webserver (Plesk Obsidian) hosted at strato.de. We bought a new domain at strato.de and added it to Plesk as you can see below
plesk-dashboard.jpg
Then I went to starto.de domain DNS settings and I changed the A record to server IP 85.214.33.123 to make it work and load content.
plesk-a-record.jpg
Website is running fine (WordPress) and content is loaded, but I need to create an email address for this domain to send emails using contact form and setup SMTP in WordPress admin for this email address but I have a problem. I went to Plesk to Email settings, I created there an email address [email protected] but if I click on button for open webmail it is not working
plesk-email-address.jpg
Here you can find Mail Settings in Plesk
plesk-settings.jpg
I tried to contact strato.de support but they always send me some manual how to add an email to Outlook etc.. I need to set up emails and make them work in Plesk. I think that is necessary to change MX records in DNS of domain or something more ? Now in MX records there is default Strato mailserver, if I click on My own mailserver I have there 2 hostname fields and priority field. If it is necessary to change MX records to make emails work from Plesk, where I can find them what exactly write there as a hostname ?
plesk-mx.jpg
Can you guys help me to set it up and make emails work from Plesk ?

@samuel.marcinko you can see how DNS are set in Plesk than create the same on your DNS provider.

If you need support on the external DNS platform, as is not Plesk you need ask support where you have the DNS service and if you are unhappy with the support you should think about migrating to another DNS provider.

Is more hard manage DNS external to Plesk instead of let Plesk manage directly DNS so if you choose to have external DNS you need know how to manage it.
I hope this few suggestion will be able to give a little bit more help to resolve your issue.

@samuel.marcinko you can see how DNS are set in Plesk than create the same on your DNS provider.

If you need support on the external DNS platform, as is not Plesk you need ask support where you have the DNS service and if you are unhappy with the support you should think about migrating to another DNS provider.

Is more hard manage DNS external to Plesk instead of let Plesk manage directly DNS so if you choose to have external DNS you need know how to manage it.
I hope this few suggestion will be able to give a little bit more help to resolve your issue.

As you can see, I dont see DNS settings in Plesk, only WHOIS informations
1638448290347.png

Oh I see.
Even in the hosting settings menu?

Your web interface looks different from mine,
so you have a hosting on Plesk, you need manage DNS aoutside of Plesk but there is no DNS access in your Plesk installation?

Need to see if some more expert Pleskian user know what you can do to find right DNS or you may ask to your hosting company how to configure DNS outside of Plesk.

I have maybe a superior access in Plesk and I have DNS controls.

I dont need necessary manage DNS outside. My domain is registered at strato.de and there are DNS settings, but their support is useless, can I manage DNS inside Plesk instead of Strato.de ? If yes, how can I do this to manage all DNS inside Plesk ?

Thanks

@samuel.marcinko here you can get reply only about Plesk.

The question you can ask is may why you are not able to see DNS in Plesk and how DNS should be managed.
Maybe you have not a VPS but shared hosting?
Maybe your hosting plan allow to only manage DNS by your hosting company panel? you may ask this to your hosting company.

You can maybe manage DNS in Plesk only if you can point name server to your VPS IP, maybe you are not on a VPS?
I suggest to ask help to your hosting company if you have questions about the hosting service and space you have.

Back