• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Migration and Courier-IMAP

arrjayys

New Pleskian
Ok so this is a two part issue..

Firstly, when trying to use Plesk Migration to migrate my clients websites, I get a two part error regarding Apache Modules, my knowledge of SSH is slightly limited but I know enough to just about install modules, but I can find zero documentation on the following modules I'm being told to install, furthermore, I'm sure atleast one of these are depleted now? (CentOS 6 to CentOS 7)

The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server:
authn_alias, authn_default, authnz_ldap, authz_default, disk_cache, ldap, python.
Please install and enable these modules to prevent possible problems.

Then the other part is about following Apache modules which are disabled, now I would paste which ones these are, but when I selected them, it essentially wiped all of the modules from the Apache Web Server menu in Plesk, so now there's one long list that looks a little like...

The following Apache modules are disabled on the destination server:
auth_basic, authn_anon, authn_dbm, authz_dbm, authz_groupfile, authz_owner, cache, cgi, deflate, expires, ext_filter, file_cache, headers, include, info, logio, mem_cache, perl, php5, proxy, proxy_ajp, proxy_balancer, proxy_connect, proxy_ftp, proxy_http, rewrite, speling, status, suexec, userdir, usertrack, version, vhost_alias.
Please enable these modules to prevent possible problems.

So now my next steps is to revert my server back to its default state and start again. But I'm still stuck with my emails, now I could essentially drag the emails from the old server, set up the account on the new server, and drag and drop them - this works (for the most part) apart from deleting, moving and replying to emails, which is ofcourse because the old server uses Courier-IMAP rather than Dovecot, and I read that during the Migration process this is transparent, but which came first, the chicken or the egg?

So now I'm stuck, seriously any advice, alternative methods for the emails that isn't related to a local client, or any documentation handy right now would be really helpful, and using CloudTech isn't a possibility at this current moment unfortunately due to other reasons!

Thanks

Hello!
Then the other part is about following Apache modules which are disabled, now I would paste which ones these are, but when I selected them, it essentially wiped all of the modules from the Apache Web Server menu in Plesk, so now there's one long list that looks a little like...
Was any error message reported when you`re trying to apply changes? Anyway, migrator detects apache modules from Plesk, not directly from apache and if you faced with some problem after your try to enable some modules using Plesk CP the most likely Plesk lost this information and migrator got wrong list of modules from panel. Use httpd -M to view the list of enabled modules. From my point of view, now you can ignore messages about missing apache modules and take a look on they if any site with problems appears.
And I can`t understand how you migrated your mail accounts :) Using migrator or using some other way, could you please explain?

Last edited:
I just said "f--k it" and hit migrate anyway, emails seem to be migrating fine - so as far as I'm concerned, I'm good, I'll settle with just using it for emails!

Back