• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk Migration Manager... Disable Mail

J

Jonathan Spence

Hey guys,
Firstly I've been up for 40 hours straight trying to Migrate Plesk with about 50 domains from Windows 2003 web server w/ Plesk 10.3 to 2008 r2 web server Plesk 10.4 so please accept my apologies first if anything looks odd in my post - I'm very tired.

OK so 2 big problems. I have about 1TB of data on the source server, mainly mailboxes with Smartermail. There is no way that the Plesk migration manager can dump these on the source server and the method I read of trying to disable this, setting:
SkipMailMsgBackup="true"
On the target server doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Next problem is the location of the dump. For some reason it's putting it on the C:\ drive where there is only about 20GB free space so that's definitely not working. On the Source server I set
dumpdirectory value="e:\dumptemp">

But that doesn't seem to work and it still use C:\PMMtemp and the drive is filling and I had to cancel it (as it was doing the mailboxes too!). What am I doing wrong? Should it really be this hard?

Back