• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migration Tool: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

bauerpower

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (Source System) , New System (Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.58 Update #2 (Source System), New System Plesk Obsidian v18.0.58_build1800240123.15 os_Ubuntu 22.04)
Dear all,

I'm trying to migrate with the plesk migration tool. Unfortunately I receive the following alert:

1707690208033.png

Here as well the the log file....
[2024-02-11 20:41:19][ERROR] [rxxxxx.de] Failed to perform an action on subscription 'xxxxx.de': Internal error in subscription thread, migration of subscription xxxxx.de stopped: (1045, u"Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)").

It was the same for all subscriptions!

I need to migrate the server within the next week because the old subscription ends... Help is very appreciated!

Best regards

Jörg

The message often means that at the time when the software wanted to access the database, the database server was offline. You could try to "Resync" the existing migration (select all objects for resync).

Back