• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Migrator - Copy only?

WindowsSysadmin

New Pleskian
Hi Team,

I'm currently evaluating Plesk Onyx on Windows - with a view to migrating several older Plesk Nodes to Onyx (Plesk 8.6, Plesk 10.5, Plesk 11.5)

Both are joined to our HSPC control panel

However, since some of these platforms are old - I'd like to do the following:

Copy all the data, setup the subscription on the destination - but leave the sites live on the source.

This is so that we can setup host entries and test if there are any incompatibilities we need to be aware of either in Plesk or with our Windows Template.

However - looking at the Migrator extension options - I don't know if this is possible.

Please advise?

Hello!
Will the website Migration setup Subscriptions in the new Plesk Node?

Website migration only migrates web/db content and WordPress instances to already configured subscriptions on target. I think, that it`s better to migrate content from each Plesk Node directly.

Hello!

Website migration only migrates web/db content and WordPress instances to already configured subscriptions on target. I think, that it`s better to migrate content from each Plesk Node directly.

So - for confirmation - what would you suggest as a complete solution? As for the end-to-end test, I need both the subscription and the website data migrated to a Plesk Onyx instance.

Once testing is completed - we will be using the Plesk Migrator in it's normal mode to migrate all the data from the old Plesk nodes and updating HSPC etc. - it's just we can't interfere with the live sites for the testing/evaluation period.

I suggest server migration as described here, it`ll migrate all data under subscription.

That's the Plesk Migrator extension - can you confirm that if both servers are connected to a HSPC instance that using the Plesk migrator will NOT try and transfer the live site to the new Plesk Onyx node (as in update the live DNS to point to the new server)

This was my original question - I need to be certain before proceeding

Migrator only copies data and settings, so, right after migration you`ll have 2 sites: on source(all Plesk server) and on destination(new Plesk server). DNS settings on destination will be created according to DNS template of destination server. Migrator does not perform operations with DNS (Switch DNS/Revert DNS) automatically, only user can do it from extension interface after migration.

Back