• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk Migrator sometimes fails to deploy subscription

Monty

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
TITLE:
Plesk Migrator sometimes fails to deploy subscription
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #42, last updated on Feb 25, 2019 11:20 AM
CentOS 7.6.1810 (Core), 64bit
Plesk Migrator 2.17.1-723
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I'm currently migrating an old CentOS 6 Plesk 12.5 server to CentOS 7 Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 using the Plesk Migrator extension. About 20% of all subscriptions fail to be deployed on the target server with the following error:

Code:
Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --create domain.tld -hosting true -hst_type phys -login XXXXXXXXXX -passwd '' -ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -do-not-apply-skeleton -notify false -owner XXXXXXXX -service_plan 'XXXXXXXXXXX' -force -guid 8bbcdf13-970f-4bf6-bd29-49ae8bb19a32 -creation-date 2015-10-05 -ignore-nonexistent-options
exit code: 1
stdout:
stderr: [2019-02-25 12:37:52.629] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/proftpd-config' '-w' '/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf'] with exit code [1]
An error occurred during domain creation: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: proftpd-config failed: chown: cannot access '/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf': No such file or directory

There seems to be some sort of a race-condition when Plesk is regenerating the file /etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf and Plesk Migrator is trying to access that file at the same time​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. Install CentOS 7, default install
  2. Install Plesk Onyx 17.8.11, default install
  3. Install Plesk Migrator extension
  4. Start a migration using the Plesk GUI from another server, select all subscriptions and click on "Migrate".
ACTUAL RESULT:
About 20% of all subscriptions fail to deploy with the error mentioned above. In the 2nd or 3rd migration attempt the deployment will succeed.

panel.log:
Code:
[2019-02-25 14:39:47.648] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/proftpd-config' '-w' '/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf'] with exit code [1]
[2019-02-25 14:39:47.649] ERR [1] '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/proftpd-config' '-w' '/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf' failed with code 1.

stdout:

stderr:
chown: cannot access '/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf': No such file or directory
EXPECTED RESULT:
Subscriptions deployment should not fail​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
I was able to reproduce this behaviour with 3 different source Plesk servers. Also, I have re-installed the destination server several times but was always able to reproduce the problem.

Note: It's not always the same subscriptions that fail to be deployed. With each migration attempt different subscriptions failed to be deployed, looks rather random to me. Hence my assumption that it may be a race-condition somewhere.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Hi Guys,

any news on it ?

We got same exact problem here,

cannot access '/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf': No such file or directory

in migrator logs.

If I select 5 subscriptions to migrate it works,
but it is failing when you select more subscriptions to migrate (like 20 or more)

Plesk: 18.0.24 CentOS 7 1800200215.00

Thanks,

Back