• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Plesk Migrator vhost fix Fails

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
latest Plesk and Migrator on Debian.
I moved 63 Subs btw, seems fine but most of the subs are reporting this fail:

Code:
[Migration] Failed to fix vhost structure for subscription 'xxxxx'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2018' in position 220: ordinal not in range(128)

What does it mean, what can i do?

Today, I've got the same error and it seems that it is a bug in plesk's migrator:
I've got about 40 subscriptions and while migrating them to a new server I got the described error five times. I looked into the debug log file and it seems that
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/plesk/actions/content/web/fix_unix_vhost_structure.py
wants to create a hard link to a directory which is not allowed. The result of this try is an error message with the source path of your directory which should be hard linked. The quotes of this error message are unicode chars and not recognized by python. In all my cases it was this directory which should be hard linked:
Code:
/var/www/vhosts/system/SUBSCRIPTION/logs/archives

But why is this directory not present in every subscription? Every time it is present, it comes to this conflict. I've deleted that directory but it seems that the migrator does not detect the new structure so far. I will tell you if I got a solution for it.

In my opinion it is definitely a bug of migrator.

[UPDATE] I forgot to delete the archives directory on the target machine. So when archives was deleted all went fine!

Last edited:
Back